Gent S4-34741 Beam Sensor Transmitter
The S4-34741 from Gent is a Beam Sensor Emitter.
Vigilon’s loop powered technology allows up to 16 beam pairs to be connected to the same loop circuit, each covering a distance of up to 100m without the need for an external Power Supply Unit, wiring or interfacing.
Compatible with the full range of Vigilon and Nano control panels the S-Quad beam uses the panel software to ensure a fast response to fi re while offering software filters to reduce the number of unwanted alarms.
What is a Beam Sensor?
A beam sensor works when the emitter sends out a beam of light (most often a pulsed infrared, visible red, or laser) that diffuses in all directions, filling a detection area. The target then enters the area and deflects part of the beam back to the receiver.
If anything is detected it will signal an alarm.
- Each beam can be set to one of 6 sensitivity states to provide a best fi t for individual applications
- The beam provides increased resilience to interference from the sun and other light sources
- Remote key switch provides test facility at ground level without the need to gain access to beams mounted in high areas
- The beam incorporates an LED array to indicate signal strength allowing accurate alignment during one person commissioning
- Optimum sensitivity is maintained by automatic gain setting triggered at the beam during alignment
- The optical lens design is intended to minimise build up of dust to reduce the maintenance and cleaning required
- The S-Quad beam is compatible with early versions of the Vigilon Beam using the S-Quad programming base avoiding the need to upgrade to latest control software